CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, October 10, 2008

Remembering Molly Robbins

I'm sitting here eating Kit Kat minis. I'm getting ready to sign up for my poll worker training. I quickly looked at my blog subscription list to see if there were any new posts. I realized I've gotten so involved in reading other people's blogs and have neglected to post to my own.

I have been caught up with the writing of Kristin Robbins Sellers. We grew up in the same neighborhood. She married Brandon Sellers who lived across the street from me. I think she's amazing.

The day after my last post, her mother's life was senselessly taken by another neighbor. It's still difficult to comprehend. I was away from the neighborhood camping with my family at the time. My brother and his family were unable to make it to the camping trip. He was at home watching the news when he found out. He called and left a message for us to call him when we got back into civilization. My dad returned his call and my brother asked if it was true and what we knew. (We knew nothing, we had been living in the mountains those last few days.) My brother couldn't believe it. (None of us could believe it.) Molly was like a second mother to him. She was the first one waiting at our front door, with a pizza and balloons, when Dave came home from his mission. She always asked for updates on how he was doing. I know she loved my brother.

When I read Kristin's writings I am lifted. I haven't been able to stop reading what she posts on her personal blog as well as the tribute to her mother on www.rememberingmolly.blogspot.com. She is amazing and I love her. I pray for her and her family.

1 comments:

Kristin said...

Thank you, Mandy! It is so nice to hear how much my mother affected other people. She loves your family and we are lucky to have you as such great friends.