CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, June 20, 2008

Maizy has a Birthday


My neice Maizy turned another year older today. We had a princess party. (This photo of her was taken a while back. Zeke dressed Maizy up in her dressup clothes. She wasn't actually dressed like a princess for the party today.) It was a lot of fun. We sang some Karaoke with Charity's new machine. I got a Disney Princess Karaoke CD for Charity's new machine, in honor of the party. I saw my nephews singing away on the microphones for the first time. I used to try to get them to sing when they were younger. They never did. Tonight they sure were belting it out. It was fun. Zeke is just learning to read, so his skills aren't quite developed to read along with Karaoke. He just sang some other songs from school, and some he made up. He's got this new song "Driving with the Kids not Buckled." Sometimes it worries his parents that people will think they don't buckle their children up, which is not the case. Zeke just makes up funny songs.


Maizy loves her new princess scooter. Her brothers have Spiderman scooters, now she doesn't feel so left out.


Tomorrow my mom and I are taking the kids to see "Big Bad Musical" at the Empress Theatre. I think Oscar is really excited, because he heard that Jaret Bryce is in the show. The Bryce's used to live in my neighborhood, then they built a house by Pleasant Green. My sister's family bought a house up the street from them a few years ago. Oscar and Jaret's little brother, Ryan have been friends. I hear Zeke is playing with Ryan more lately too. I guess the other day, Crystal looked out the window and saw all three of them jumping off of her storage shed. She wasn't too happy about that. I have to admit, it does sound fun. I used to love to do things like that as a kid. I was definitely into doing crazy stunts, nothing real dangerous, just fun.


I'm excited to see the musical. The plot sounds like lots of fun. I'm wondering if it will be anything like "Hoodwinked." I liked that movie, I thought it was very clever.

0 comments: