CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, June 27, 2008

It was a GREAT birthday.

I had a great birthday yesterday (June 26th). My boss got a delicious birthday cake, my favorite kind, white cake with fruit filling, and we had a little party in the afternoon. Semil gave me a birthday phone call while I was at work, I thought that was nice.

I came home, and Stephanie, Shana, and Christy took me miniature golfing at Muligans Golf Course. We went to IHOP afterwards. I ran into Alberta Fualima'a I haven't seen her in years. She has four kids now. Wow. Stephanie gave me some stuff to pamper myself. Now I can give myself a pedicure.

I came home and saw that Ann Christensen had brought me a card and a big back of miniature candy bars. I stuck them in the freezer, we'll see how long they last in my home. My mother loves sweets. Charity loves Twix. I froze them, so that they might last a while.

Today after going to the Salt Lake Temple, I went over to my uncle's office to see if there was some work to be done. My Aunt Kathy had decorated my desk. She gave me a music cd of Paul Cardall's music, and some wheat crackers (I love to snack on wheat crackers), and a big bag of yummy peanut m&m's. My Aunt Kathy is the best.

Today is the anniversary of the martyrdom of Joseph Smith, Jr. I always remember, especially because it's the day after my birthday. I bear testimony that the Holy Spirit has witnessed to me that Joseph Smith, Jr. was called by God to usher in the Gospel of Jesus Christ in this last dispensation. I know that God the Father, and the Son, appeared to Joseph in that sacred grove in New York. The Priesthood keys have been passed down from him, through all of the latter-day prophets, to our current prophet, Thomas S. Monson. I know that Thomas S. Monson is a prophet.

Tomorrow I have a Platt family reunion. I'm excited, because I'm renting a sno cone machine, for the occassion. We're meeting up at Washington Park by Mountain Dell Golf Course. I hope the sno cone machine works well.

3 comments:

CJ and Wendy's Family said...

I'm glad you had such a fun birthday and now I am really excited to have one of these sno-cones!

Mandy said...

The Sno Cones were awesome. I'm glad that you could come enjoy one Wendy. I'll miss you when you go to Houston.

Kara said...

Hey Mandy! So good to catch up on your life with your blog. We miss you lots and just wanted to say hi!